MOUNT BATUR SUNRISE HIKING RATE
Following pickup from your hotel, we will commence our journey for the exciting Mount Batur Sunrise trekking tour. You will proceed towards the Kintamani region to start your hike up to reach Mount Batur. The active volcano of Mount Batur is quite popular with travelers all around the world for its enthralling beauty and splendor. Trek for about two hours from the bottom point of the mountain to reach up to the peak. Being a moderate trek, you need to have a general level of fitness to complete it.
Mount Batur is one of the most popular hikes in Bali. It is loved by travelers all around the world for the awe-inspiring landscapes it has to offer. You need not hike up to the summit to get the most stunning visuals of the sunrise and the volcano, as you can easily watch the most alluring visuals from the top of the caldera itself. The Caldera Batur is an equally enticing spot in Bali, and has been also designated to be a part of Global Geopark Network (GGN) since 2002. Visiting this site will surely be one of the best experiences of your time in Bali!
Stunning Landscapes of the Sunrise and Volcano
After reaching the top point of the caldera you will get a glimpse of the stunning landscape of the sunrise surrounded by the visuals of the volcano. The view of the sunrise from this point is absolutely spectacular. Watch the dramatic transition of the landscape, as the darkened sky seamlessly gets transformed into the radiant hues of yellow, pink, and orange. As the sky brightens up from being black to the bright tones of the sun, you will get to witness the spectacular expanse of the entire volcanic valley. Standing at this spot, you will be able to witness one of the most extravagant sunrises in the entire island.
From here, you will also get to witness the highest mountain range of Bali – Mount Agung. Witness the splendid view, as golden sunrays touch the peaks of Mount Agung to create a gleaming outline around them. From this spot you will also get a glimpse of the serene Lake Batur that will be shining in the gleaming reflection of the rising sun. On a clear day, you can also get a glimpse of Mount Rinjani in Lombok Island.
As you get soak yourself in the mysterious beauty of the rising sun, your friendly guide will make your savor on the yummy eggs that he prepared from the volcano steam. Enjoy the eggs watching the glorious sunrise as you stand on the highest spot of the caldera. As you trek back down, we will take you to explore three other younger craters of the volcanic landscape. Here you can also see a glimpse of the ancient Trunyan village and its farmers engrossed in their daily activities in the farms. Before we finally head back to your hotel, you can also stop by at a local coffee plantation site to relish a tempting cup of world’s most expensive Luwak coffee.
A Surreal Experience
The Mount Batur sunrise trekking offers you a surreal experience as you reach the top of the caldera to witness some really astonishing natural landscapes. The locals term it as “trekking with the Gods” as you can feel a sacred aura in this place as you watch the sun ascending from the mountains. Mount Batur is a visual treat for all nature lovers. Moreover, the hike up to the caldera is a moderate one, and you do not need any special skills to cover it. The Mount Batur sunrise trekking tour offers one of the best sunrise landscapes in the whole of Bali, and you certainly must not miss something like this on your Balinese excursion.
A Unique Landscape
The sunrise view from the top of the caldera becomes even more special due to the various landscapes it covers from just one spot. Reaching the highest point of the caldera, you not only get to witness the unusual sight of an active volcano, but also get to see the highest mountain range of Bali! All the more, this sunrise spot also helps you catch a glimpse of the local farmers performing their daily activities in the ancient Trunyan village. You can also admire the quiet waters of the Lake Batur standing from this spot with the rays of sun reflecting on its surface. If you are lucky you might spot Mount Rinjani on Lombok Island on a clear day.
A Travelers Delight
Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking is literally a traveler’s delight as it makes you experience spectacular natural panoramas along with a thrilling and adventurous hiking experience. At the end of this trek you are completely contend with all the effort you put in to witness the beautiful natural landscapes it has to offer. Watching a unique sunrise at the backdrop of the volcano and relishing eggs cooked from its steam is something that you do not get to experience easily. You enter into a different world altogether as you start your hike in the wee hours of the morning from the mountain foothills. From here begins your journey into a world where you witness the beauty and glory of untouched and pure nature. Reaching the top of Mount Caldera, you can tune yourself with the spirit of nature as the atmosphere over there gives you a chance to become one with it. An aesthetic experience for your senses and a healing touch for your mind and soul – this is exactly what this trek is all about.
Rough Itinerary and Estimated Time Schedule
01.15-02.00 am ⇒ Hotel pick-up (depending on place of stay)
03.30 am ⇒ Arrive at the starting point
03.35 am ⇒ Short briefing. Trek Start
05.40 am ⇒ Arrive at the top of the volcano; watch the sunrise with a hot beverage and snack provided
07.00 am ⇒ Trek back to the starting point
08.30 am ⇒ Drive to coffee plantation
11.30 am ⇒ Estimated time of arrival back to your hotel (earlier if in Ubud)
Pickup is available from any location. (Free pick up from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Krobokan, Canggu, Nusa Dua, Ubud; Extra charge for pick up from Lovina, Amed, Tulamben 150K/Pax , Candidasa 100K/Pax). For group bookings, exact pickup time depends on participants’ respective locations. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time.
Know Before You Go
- Please note! this is NOT a “private trekking”, Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking is the most demanded trekking in Bali. Lots of people will doing this trekking from dozen of trekking operator.
- Half way of the trekking consider as moderate and another half way especially to reach the top of crater will be more difficult. Prepare your stamina!
- Do not forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen lotion/cream and wear proper walking/trekking shoes and jackets as the temperature will get cold at the summit
- Pick up area covers Kuta, Legian, Jimbaran, Canggu, Nusa Dua, Seminyak, Sanur, Ubud. Pick up time is approximately 1-1.5 hours prior to starting time. Your local operator will confirm the exact timing with you
- You will be transferred back to your hotel after the tour or else to a different drop off point after the tour so long it’s still in the coverage area
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women and those with back, heart or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved and it is recommended you have a moderate level of fitness
- The minimum suggested age to participate is 18 years old. Children may join the hike given strong level of fitness and physique
Please Bring With You
- Hiking shoes or sport shoes.
- Warm jacket & Long pants.
- Backpack & camera.
- Extra t-shirt since you will be really sweating
- Women are not allowed to climb up the Volcano if they are pregnant or during their menstruation period, due to Hindu religious reasons.
- Bring only what you need, the rest leave them in your hotel.
- Some cash for tipping the guide and driver is recommended.
- If you cancel at least 10 days before the Activity Date: BEST UBUD DRIVER will provide a FULL refund of the price paid at booking.
- If you cancel between 3 to 9 days before the Activity Date: BEST UBUD DRIVER will provide a refund of 50% of the price paid at booking.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the Activity Date, or if you don’t show up on the Date: NO refund will be provided by BEST UBUD DRIVER.